Friday, December 19, 2008

#6 Baba and Buxton



Some pictures need no words. Yet having little else to do, I might as well offer the few I have.

This picture shows, perhaps, the person I respect most in this entire world. She is the one holding the person I treasure unlike any other. Even for someone who makes his living describing things, I find myself at a loss.

If you know Baba, you have no need of my superlatives. Otherwise, you likely would not believe them. She is honest, kind, compassionate. She demonstrates the heart of a servant without ever saying so. She is remarkable beyond my ability to say so.

So the closeness beaming from this image humbles me. Three generations separate these two. A hundred miles separate them. So much else in this world probably should, yet in this solitary moment nothing seems to matter except an embrace savored by one in an instant and the other, hopefully, forever.

This picture gladdens me because I know I could never fully describe Baba to someone who never met her. Thankfully for Buxton, he never needs worry about that.

No comments: