Sunday, July 27, 2008

Still Waiting

Well, not too much happening just yet. We were hoping for a double birthday today(Anna had hers), but barring something surprising in the next few hours we will have to wait at least another day. Anna is ready to have this boy out and about, which brings me to a question:

Do any of these recommendations actually work? I've heard eggplant, walking, herbal tea, something I dare not say as to avoid offending certain readers. Does anything actually speed nature up, or does it simply take its own course?

Also, funny moment with the in-laws. For the benefit of anyone who may not know, they are British. Some of their English words are different from our English words. One such example is, spelled phonetically, "oh-b-ghene." Anna and her parents, on the back of a conversation pertaining to childbirth, labor and other generally feminine concerns, began talking about "oh-b-ghene" at the dinner table.

Turns out "aubergine" is the British variation of eggplant, the remedy proposed to Anna by her midwife at their meeting Friday. I thought, naturally, that they were saying "OB-GYN" in their own particular way. Needless to say, comedy ensued.

2 comments:

EMU said...

I am very glad that your Widget baby has learned to cross his legs. Scared me off your sight a few weeks ago, but now it looks like it's safe to come back. Nightmares, I'm telling you.

Can't wait to see pictures of your real baby any day now!

Amanda said...

Just because I know this will give you ammo to rib my hubby with- the unmentionable worked with our first. :) I was induced with the second and third, so we never tried any of the others.