Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Baby Update

So, there isn't a whole lot happening at present as we wait for the little guy. Just a lot of imagining--imagining how I'll detest stop signs and traffic lights between my house and Pineville, imagining how and when he might show up, imagining how little sleep we're going to get. And I imagine every day past the due date (Aug. 2) will be excruciating if he isn't here yet. Then again, maybe they'll be excruciating if he is.

In other news, we got the swivel/rocker/recliner chair to go in the boy's room yesterday, and I journaled in it last night. I'm going to like it. Anna and I had a discussion a few days ago about whether one should discipline a yet-unborn child. After being kicked in the ribs, as it was described to me, Anna manually moved the boy's leg from a particularly uncomfortable position and then rolled onto her side so he couldn't put it back.

We also had an incident of discussion relating to pain. My vote is that Anna keep it to herself, at least when applicable. The boy was hitting a nerve with his mommy the other night and she was in pain, which I was happy to help with as best I could. Then, though, the lights went out. Everything was fine again and I was in that beautiful place just between first sleep and a dream when, evidently, he touched the nerve again. Anna screamed, which I could have dealt with even given my low tolerance for being startled. It was the accompanying reach for and grasp of a certain part of my body that isn't in the top two or three least appropriate places to grab a person, but still isn't quite a place I'd type here. Laughter ensued, but not immediately.

That's about it for now. More to come soon, perhaps. Oh, and of course we're still keeping the name a secret.

3 comments:

EMU said...

Your wife is in so much pain that she cries out and grabs you for comfort and you're complaining about being startled awake??? You do realize that it was YOU that put her in this pain in the first place, right? Oh boy, you best shape up in the next few weeks. And Anna, you grab the heck out of your husband whenever you want, wherever you want. ;)

Jen Whisonant said...

Anna - gold star - share the "joys" of being preggie as often as necessary, dear heart! I used to get terrible leg, foot, toe cramps every night with both of my pregnancies --- to which Chris would be awakened by me jumping out of the bed all 200 pounds of me there at the end, screaming, "TOE CRAMP!$#&#@!!" In the words of my daddy -- "deal with it, baby." AND super congrats - the end is near!!!

Nikki said...

Mucho kudos to you and yours for the secrecy of the naming....very cool, I myself could never have that ability. Anna, are you "nesting" yet??? Much love!!