Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Week to Remember

What a whirlwind week it was. A week ago today, our little boy turned one year old. It would take more pages than even the internet allows to describe it all, so here are a few pictures. First up, a get together at our house Tuesday night with family (and Riley and EJ, who let's face it, are basically family at this point).



Then came a whole host of sleepless nights and more work by more family members and friends to get ready for Buxton's pool party on Saturday than ever we could thank them for. Sandy and Hank let us bring about 30 people to their house and pool. Scott and Jane made a great macaroni pie, Harrison and Holden helped landscape our yard (technically for the earlier party, but still a job) and mom outdid herself with these two cakes: Buxton's first and one big enough to feed everyone I ever knew.




At the pool party, Buxton showed off his new birthday boxers and even dove in for a little cake, which Anna gave me grief for saying it wasn't up to snuff. You try making an organic cake!




Buxton loved every one of his gifts, at least the ones he had time to play with so far. The first basketball goal, the trucks, the red wagon and a great many noisemaking wonders, just to name a few. Also, there were a few gifts he may not appreciate just yet, like the movie I made for him and the framed onesie he wore the day he was born, a gift more to his mother than him.



Again, I could go on for days on all the excitement. Don't believe me? Read my journals this week. I don't kid when I say I could go on for days. But the best part has to be how happy our incredible little son was amid it all. In fact, maybe the only part that mattered.

2 comments:

EJ & Roo said...

what a great birthday it was!!! love you guys!

EMU said...

What a cute smile! And I love how happy Buxton makes you. :)