Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Baby Thoughts

So we went by the baby store, and it got me thinking. Aren't we, and of course by we I mean the people who think up the pithy sayings for baby onesies, asking a bit too much of our still unborn fetuses?

Every shirt reads "Little All Star" or "Future Slugger." If I read the word princess on one more outfit I swear I'll think I'm orbiting Epcot. One shirt actually read, and I kid you not, "Someday I'll Demand a Pony."

Really? Tell me, what's wrong with being a utility infielder? What's wrong with a seat midway down the bench if on the bench at all? And is being a cottage maiden really so terrible? How many princesses do we need?

Seems like we put an awful lot of pressure on a person whose life goal for at least a year will be figuring out where to poop.

And another thought: Parents should get together and create a dictionary consisting only of baby words. My entry? Cheeriotee

Cheeriotee: The result of snacking on Cheerios, when undoubtedly one misguided grain morsel will forego the mouth entirely and adhere itself the the perfect center of a child's chin without any indication given to said child.

And another thought: For the past little while someone in the house has been reading a book devoted entirely to breastfeeding (hint, not me) and sharing the vital information with everyone else in the house (hint, only me). I can live with it, but it just makes you think. If a man spent that much time reading about and discussing breasts, be they for feeding purposes or otherwise, people would undoubtedly think much less of him. I'm just saying.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

My other half enjoys hearing about breasts, albeit feedings or not, on any given day....And another thing, Walgreens had an infant t-shirt that read, "Does this diaper make my butt look big?" Hello....self-image already???